View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #9803
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just finished two time travel books. I may have mentioned one; if I did, forgive me. One was The Faltese Malcom by Peter E. Abresch (audiobook). It was brought to my attention by dreams, and I thoroughly enjoyed it; especially since I recently read The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. In The Faltese Malcom, the protagonist finds himself repeatedly passing out or being knocked out, and each time he does, he awakes to find himself in 1920s San Francisco in the body of Solomon Paid ("S.Paid"), Private Eye. More to his consternation, he discovers that when he's in S. Paid's body, S. Paid is in his, causing havoc with his life in the present. Highly recommended.

The other was Borrowed Time by Keith Hughes, which got a lukewarm recommendation earlier in this thread by spiritualtramp. It wasn't bad, but I enjoyed The Faltese Malcom more, although that may be because I was in the mood for something a bit more lighthearted at the time I read it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote