View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #52
Hamlet53
Hearing crickets
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I must admit I don't quite follow the reasoning here, i.e. that Pilate represents Faust?
I don't know Ea. I guess I was thinking that the Soviet State under Stalin [Pilate] was a Faustian bargain to lift Russia out of what it had been under the Tsars, and to provide security and stability for society.

I'm really just flaying around here. I don't mind burning bridges here by saying that maybe be I'm the only one of those who read the book who thinks this, and I am the only one to state it, but in my opinion “The Emperor has no clothes,” that the entire book is pretty much a confusing mess.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote