View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #33
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I am buying at a reputed store precisely because I don't have to check those details. To give you a brick-and-mortar store analogy: I am buying something new in a regular store. Do I need to check where the merchandise came from, that it didn't fall off a truck somewhere, that selling the item in question does not violate anybody's patent or other intellectual property rights? No, I don't, and most people couldn't, and certainly couldn't be bothered to. The simple fact that it's on sale carries a presumption of legality. Purchasing those goods usually makes me the lawful owner (bad faith excepted).
The problem is that this isn't just any store, it is a store that will sell whatever other people bring there, and it is a store that doesn't have the resources to check if every item has fallen off the truck or not, and there are known cases where it turned out that some of the sold items had had such a trucking accident.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote