View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #36
fantasyfan
Guru
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2G Wi-Fi only, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, iPad Air
Wink

For anyone who might be interested, here's a link to a post by by Michael A. Charles of the "best" translation of M&M . He doesn't actually make a recommendation but tries to outline some of the differences between P&V and Glenny. He also provides a link to a forum which discusses the subject. His advice is that whatever the translation: " . . . you should read it anyway."

http://orangeraisin.wordpress.com/20...t-translation/

BTW: I agree that everyone should participate in the voting. I didn't vote for M&M at any point, but I believe that it has expanded my literary experience {though I think it a flawed masterpiece}. If it hadn't been voted in, I would never have bothered to read it at all and I would have missed something worth having.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 06-21-2011 at 05:42 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote