View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #242
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by harikamboji View Post
Regarding PDFs:

I have a boox A60 (6 inch reader), but I assume the firmware is similar. I've been using it for over a year. For 99% of pdfs, the page turns instantaneously. I only read one pdf on my boox where it took several seconds like in the video. It was a 12MB pdf of a scan from google books. If you have a natively generated pdf (rather than a pdf of a scan) even with images etc, you won't have that bad delay.

On the other hand, the ability to hide margins and customize your zoom by selecting an area with the pen is really nice.
I agree. There are some good ideas on that reader. I do like the navigation with the stylus in PDFs and DjVUs the ability to hide margins. But as you can see, i've tried very different books and the problem with speed of turning pages remains in all those books (especially in zoom mode). I'm really hoping the problem can be solved, otherwise the device in the current form is not usable for me.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote