Originally Posted by lunohod
btw, fbreader plugin will also find the fonts in the crengine/fonts directory
Nope, sorry, it doesn't. Not for me anyway. I used the following setup: /crengine/fonts directory on the SD card, /.FBReader/ui.xml on the internal flash drive, /lib/libfb2.so on the internal flash drive. I even copied the "Free" fonts to both the .FBReader directory and the lib directory on the internal flash drive.
Result: FBReader uses the default sans serif font for displaying the text body of fb2 books, not the configured "Free Serif" font. The same happens when I replace the FBReader libfb2.so with the crengine-based libfb2.so, i.e. it ignores the /crengine/fb2.css on the SD card. Switching back to the original 2008-01-29 firmware (and doing nothing else) gets the user-configured fonts back.