View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Can you not get subscriptions through Calibre as well? I am pretty sure about the newspapers... don't know about magazines.
Calibre can create 'subscriptions' from any RSS feed. It has a number of 'recipes' built in or you can create your own. So assuming the magazine has a public RSS feed (or one you can pay money for), you can do those also. There's also one that will aggregate your Google Reader feeds.

However, it is best to be able to launch a web browser to read the whole article, when it is not otherwise included in the feed. Nook is not going to be able to do that until/unless they fix the web browser. And you still have to deal with the inconvenience of side-loading the content calibre creates (with Kindle you can have calibre email it to Kindle).

I gave up on all of this and just use Reeder on iOS, which works with Google Reader subscriptions. It's far less trouble and more convenient, I can check for new articles 24/7.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-20-2011 at 11:01 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote