View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #65
GregoryP
Enthusiast
GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Google Nexus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermd View Post
i went to settings>applications>manage applications
it says "mantano reader 13.86MB. (total: 13.86mb; application 13.86mb, data 47kb)"
it does mean it uses 13.86mb of my system app storage right?
I get that (and even a little more) when I install the app on the phone rather than on the SD card. Did you try moving the app to the SD card from the app manager settings ?
For the purpose of testing I tried the same thing with Aldiko and got the same result : the app is small when installed on the SD (doesn't take too much internal memory space), but if you move it completely on the phone it takes up the same 14MB.

@Shykat
We offer 3 different features that could be used in your case :
1. Reflow mode (like stated by Adoby)
2. Manual crop, or auto-crop : you can configure our reader to crop PDF margins, and this setting is kept for a given PDF. When the margins are cropped, there is no scrolling, they are just completely removed, so left/right swipes will bring you to the previous/next page
3. Horizontal/vertical fit : very useful in landscape mode on a phone, that's the mode I use to read PDF files : the pdf is zoomed to completely fit the screen (horizontally or vertically depending on the mode). In landscape and with horizontal fit, you can scroll vertically to read the whole page (at a decent size), and horizontal swipes will change the page. This setting is kept while reading, so you just read from top to bottom and change page.

I rarely use reflow as it really breaks the overall page layout, and as Adoby said, you have some undesired line breaks all over the place.

@Adoby
Thanks for the help, very clear and detailed explanation ^^
GregoryP is offline   Reply With Quote