View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #89
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Themes for the Pro models

well, of course I misunderstood completely the first time around , but even without the source file for the themes for the Pro models it looks like it is possible to get all of the themes developed for the 360 onto the pro models.

The trick is to install the "bookshelf.app" in system\bin in the main memory of your device: the device picks it up immediately, emulating in some form the good old layout of the 360 (and 30X) models. Then you can load any of the old themes, and all will work. Problem is, the display of the 360 is obviously smaller than the one of the 90X models, so it does not look too good (see attached), as everything is "pulled" toward the upper left corner fo teh screen. Moreover tehre are additional functions that you may want to be able to invoke from your Pro model that are not available in the 360 or in the 30X models.

The good news is that all that is needed to modify the themes is nothing more than the same tools as for the 360 and 30X models, and on the Russian forum there are already a handful of themes with sources, which I have already uploaded all the necessary resources here.

If you want to have a go at modifying a theme you can use the usual sources provided by magic kacir, following the documentation kindly translated by fjtorres.

In the spirit of giving at least something back, I am trying to adapt Kosta's sheeps them (I love it) for the 903, but I am having trouble modifying the background file. I have to make it into 825x1200, but the theme compile would not include it as the filesize is excessive. If I reduce the filesize by saving the bmp by reducing the resolution, it looks horrible. So my question:
is there a way to change the file from the original 600X800 to 825X1200 while keeping the file size within the 500kb mark (the original one is 468). I enclose the two backgrounds just in case.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0006.bmp (487.6 KB, 342 views)
File Type: bmp ^menu_bg.bmp (468.8 KB, 256 views)
File Type: bmp menu_bg.bmp (468.8 KB, 259 views)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote