View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #20
st_albert
Fanatic
st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.st_albert calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
St. Albert:

Actually, for any epub->mobi conversion, merely marking the "text" semantic works, as I posted originally. What has not worked for the OP is that s/he is using Calibre, which apparently is ignoring the "text" semantic that, I agree, works perfectly (actually, without all the fooferah) in a straight-up KindleGen convo.

I've never needed to edit the OPF and change the guide item; "text" works just fine for anything through MobiGen, KindleGen or Previewer. But, alas--it seems NOT to work via Calibre, but as I don't use Calibre as a production tool, I have no answer to this other than exploding the epub and adding the start location manually.

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch:

Yes, I agree. Changing the "text" title to "Start Reading" is only cosmetic. But as I am usually into the content.opf for other purposes, I do make the change if I think of it.

Actually, I think the Kindle devices (K3 anyway) just call it "beginning" anyway. (The "start reading" title does show up in Mobipocket Reader for PC though.)
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote