View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
TommyCooper
Enthusiast
TommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket Reader, CyBook, Asus EEE PC
Bob, I [thankfully] found this wonderful site while searching for 'ebook hardware' or somesuch input on Google. I was getting a bit desperate to find a replacement for my Rocket reader, which I felt sure would die on me sooner or later - the battery that is, rather than the rest of the hardware. The information I received on here eventually led me to purchase a CyBook first-generation reader, which I'm very happy with. In fact, my Rocket and my CyBook are still going strong. I'm now looking to buy an E-Ink device [ don't scold me JS if that is incorrect phraseology ], with the hope of weaning myself from backlit devices. I'm glad to see that the Sony reader is just about to become available over-here [UK]. Hopefully some site like Ebuyer will buy a gigantic job-lot and drive the price down. Unfortunately, given Sony's propensity for controlling every aspect of their goods that's obviously not very likely. However, we can live in hope.

Tommy
TommyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote