I just performed the procedure and checked some books out the library. It works!
There was nothing in Bookeen's email that stated that it was confidential and so I'll post the email in its entirety and the file they sent me (I include the .dat file in a zip format - you'll need to unzip the file first):
The Cybook does have an internal clock and the library borrowing system is supported.
Here is a small manual procedure to fix your issue.
This should take a couple of minutes.
1) Save the attached text file “rtc.dat” on your computer. It contains the current date/time in the “YYYY-MM-DD-hh:mm” 24h format.
2) Plug your Cybook to your computer through USB and delete all time bomb ebooks from your library (files initially transferred from your public library).
3) Copy the “rtc.dat” file to the Cybook “/system” folder.
4) Unplug your Cybook.
5) When you are back on the “Library”, switch off your Cybook.
6) Switch on your Cybook.
7) Plug the USB cable again and copy your public library titles to the Cybook (or to the SD card) “/eBooks” folder.
8) By the way, you can check that the “rtc.dat” was automatically deleted (i.e. taken into account) from the “/system” folder.
9) Unplug, when you are back on the “Library”, you should be able to open the public library titles.
Please keep us informed (if it works or if you have an error message)…
This should be a one time procedure to set your system date which will stay coherent thanks to the internal clock battery.
Of course, in a future upgrade, you will be able to define the system date from the user interface.
Bookeen Support Team