View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi & B&N Nook Tablet & B&N Nook HD+
Ebook not starting at "first" page after converting from epub to mobi

I'm having a problem with my ebooks not starting on the page I want them to start on. I create my own "jacket" based on an old version of the Calibre jacket. I just cut and paste the code into a new html page at the beginning of my ebook and change the text as nevessary. I create/convert all of my ebooks in Sigil and then perform a final conversion to mobi for reading on my Kindle 3 using Calibre. My jacket always follows the cover page and this is where all of my ebooks used to open to in my K3 or whenever I selected Go TO, Beginning. Now all of my ebooks start at whatever my first navpoint is, as defined by toc.ncx in my original epub. I'm not even certain this is a Calibre issue but I've been using the same version of Sigil for some time now and nothing has changed on my Kindle that I'nm aware of. The only thing that I know has changed is the version of Calibre I'm using. Whatever it is that changed, assuming it is a Calibre issue, seemed to start about a month or so ago, so whatever version we may've been on four to six weeks ago seems to be about the time the change was made.

Does anyone have any ideas what may've changed and how I may be able to get things back to the way they were?

Thanks.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote