Originally Posted by paola
forgive me if this is silly, but isn't one possibility to rename your fbreader as fbreader180 or something similar and re-flash the 2.1.1? Obviously you would have to edit the extensions.cfg accordingly, but shouldn't this work?
I tried. Epub books can still be opened by "fbreader" but instead of some bad formats in fbreader180 now I have some Chinese text can't display any more. I looked at the bin folder. There is no fbreader app. only the fbreader180...nor fbreader folder in the "share" folder. From the configuration in an epub book I can tell fbreader is running. I changed the fbreder180 folder in "share" back to fbreader but it didn't help.
Anyways, usually if I can read a book in fbreader, I am able to read it in CR. PB really should work hard to improve the firmware. PDFviewer still can't scroll in large pages in this new firmware! The problem has been there for a few months.
PS. added AdobeViewer to the extension for reading epub...All works and the format is good too. Much faster to open a 9M file -- with fbreader and CR it takes more than one minute, with AdobeViewer a few seconds.