View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #20
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, NookSTR, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Oh my, I feel overwhelmed by the responsibility. I never thought people paid attention to my posts. Maybe I should have recommended As I Lay Dying? Or the Snopes trilogy?

I hope you enjoy Light in August as much as I did. It's a very powerful book. In my opinion, some of its characters are among the best Faulkner ever created. Let us know how you like it.
I did my graduate thesis on Faulkner and would have suggested the same for a true sense of Faulkner. For a lighter start, you could have suggested The Reivers, but i think as stand alones Light in August or As I Lay Dying are great places for new readers to start.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote