Thread: Electron Mills?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Speaking as one of the people clogging the internet up with unpublishable crap, I don't understand why anyone would want to use a company like that? Think it, write it, publish it. Why add anyone else into the equation? If you want the "prestige" of having someone else publish it, get a family member to set up a "publishing company", nobody will know the difference. If you're really too clueless to upload it to Smashwords or wherever yourself, find someone who will do it for a small one-off fee.
I think part of the problem is that those who fall for such publishers are generally those who don't know any better. The novice who hasn't done much reading about publishing books and so forth. They fall for the sweet sounding spiel that said 'publisher' whispers in their ears. Of course not all books are well written and I imagine some bad ones do occasionally slip through even good publishers but I'd guess it's the novices who make the mistake of trying with a bad publisher more often than an experienced writer who knows something about the markets.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote