View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
From the point of view of learning, and while I don't necessarily see them as equivalents of these examples, I can see the Harry Potter series being considered a classic (and used for teaching) in the same way as Lord of the Rings and the Narnia Chronicles. I particularly see the possibility of it being used as introduction to "literature" matters like themes, character, plot, for folks just starting on that path in early high school.

And to see the crossroad where Stephen King and Harry Potter meet, for those who haven't yet:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2043...050689,00.html
(WARNING: Contains nuts...and probably spoilers)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote