View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Harry you are right, most do display them. I was thinking that the numbering was auto generated, or some such thing.

I don't worry about page numbering when I make a epub file, though I am sure there are cases when controlling the numbering process would be helpful, I think it doesn't matter for most fiction.

Amy
It is possible to control the page number. ADE has a non-ePub compatilble extension to add this capability however epub actually has a standard way to do this although there isn't much mention of it in the specs but it comes via the ncx file as an option from its DTBook roots. Unfortunately I know of no ePub reader than uses this feature directly. (Surprisingly Kindlegen can use it during the conversion process). See NCX in the wiki for more details.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 06-11-2011 at 11:20 AM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote