View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #390
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
Until Amazon gives up on the format, like they did with the Microsoft Reader ebooks. I bought quite a few from Amazon, and can no longer access them. so, if anything happens to the backup copies I'm SOL. This isn't specifically about DRM, but is the problem with all the competing formats, each with their different DRM. If there was a standard, you might not see companies deciding to completely drop support. This is also one reason you will never find my buying an ebook device put out by Amazon.
I keep pointing out that Amazon has screwed people over with eBook in the past. Nobody seems to LISTEN. Mainly it's Abobe PDF eBooks that are the biggest issue. People upgrade their computer or install a new version of the OS and they need to download the eBook in order to read it but cannot because Amazon decided to only allow downloads for a year and didn't tell anyone up front. So why are people TRUSTING Amzon again with eBooks when Amazon has never made amends in the first place with all the people they've screwed over?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote