View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 AM   #38
tilia
Addict
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
tilia's Avatar
 
Posts: 362
Karma: 1429039
Join Date: Mar 2011
Device: Kindle 3
I mostly read english ebooks, so not many of my books has special characters in the name, so hadn't noticed, but just checked, calibre renames the folders for authors and titles to international characters for me as well. But it doesnít change the name of the database folder. Maybe because my installation of Win7 is in norwegian, and don't have a problem with 'śÝŚ'.

As I said, easy to fix, I just renamed my library folder (from with-in calibre), so that there where no special characters in the name, and that made the plugin work. It's such a nice little plugin

The library folder is from when I first started using calibre early this year. Calibre has never had any problems with it. I have two separate libraries that I switch between, and for instance copying from one to the other hasnít been a problem. It's just when I started using the Open with plugin I got an error. I don't use the norwegian translation of calibre, but there is some norwegian in metadata and columns, and thatís never been a problem, so I havenít thought too much about which language I use when naming things.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote