Originally Posted by tilia
When I tried to use the plug-in with a library with an 'å' in the folder-name I got the following error:
calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: unexpected end of data
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 165, in open_with
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 182, in launch_app
File "subprocess.py", line 672, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 841, in _execute_child
File "subprocess.py", line 608, in list2cmdline
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: unexpected end of data
I thought I'd used the plugin with this library before, and couldn't understand why it stopped working a few days ago, but I've probably just opened the books up directly in sigil. And then I thought it was okay again, but that must have been because I'd switch to the other library, the one that doesn't have any strange letters in the name...
Not exactly a big problem, reading the error-message instead of just hoping it would go away made me think of the 'å' in the name, and removing the offending letter made the plugin work. I use english in my installation of calibre, but for some reason I used norwegian when naming the library.
You could use Caliber to Copy your Existing Library to a New one that does not have a name issue.