I'm addicted to buying ebooks. My TBR list currently contains about 440 ebooks. It has been two days since I last bought* an ebook.
I'm hoping to get to the end of June (baby steps!) without buying any more ebooks.
If anyone else would like to join in in this attempt, please add your own target in a comment.
EDIT, June 2012:
In this thread we've come up with three simple guidelines to help us resist the purchase of too many new ebooks.
- Add to wish list rather than buying
- Only buy if on special offer and on your wish list
- Only exception is most recent in series by favourite authors.
And yes, freebies don't count.
EDIT: April 2014:
Some more useful ideas for resisting temptation:
* I don't think I can possibly resist getting interesting-looking free ebooks
- Compare the prospective purchase with the rest of your TBR. Do you want to read it more than 50% of your TBR? If not, don't buy.
- Reading a series? Don't buy the next release until you've finished all the rest, unless it's 90% off or more.