View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Ebook Buying Addicts' Support Thread

I'm addicted to buying ebooks. My TBR list currently contains about 440 ebooks. It has been two days since I last bought* an ebook.

I'm hoping to get to the end of June (baby steps!) without buying any more ebooks.

If anyone else would like to join in in this attempt, please add your own target in a comment.

EDIT, June 2012:

In this thread we've come up with three simple guidelines to help us resist the purchase of too many new ebooks.
  1. Add to wish list rather than buying
  2. Only buy if on special offer and on your wish list
  3. Only exception is most recent in series by favourite authors.

And yes, freebies don't count.

EDIT: April 2014:

Some more useful ideas for resisting temptation:
  • Compare the prospective purchase with the rest of your TBR. Do you want to read it more than 50% of your TBR? If not, don't buy.
  • Reading a series? Don't buy the next release until you've finished all the rest, unless it's 90% off or more.

* I don't think I can possibly resist getting interesting-looking free ebooks

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-25-2014 at 04:47 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote