View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
maianhvk
whimsy
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I would probably say "The Count Of Monte Cristo", it started out pretty boring but picked up, and ended great. Most modern books don't (Some come pretty close) to having as good of a plot to them. The way he made everything finally come together was awesome. Was 1200 pages, Which when I read it, I thought was quite long but not so anymore.
I think it was short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The Count of Monte Christo is one I read from start to finish, the first time I read it. And reread it ever year at least once
except that I don't reread it that often anymore.

for me, it's Les MisÚrables. Nothing more painful. But I was glad the pace picked up and before I gave up totally after 2 years struggling (yes, sounds ridiculous but true ) to read about nonsense people did nonsense things, finally someone important did something important.

EDIT: wait, there IS a thing more painful. It's called Peace and War, which I never managed to finish, which has nothing to do with this thread.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote