View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
Batman Jr.
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Well, I've gotten the new backup up and running, this one seems to be complete, though of course i haven't looked at every possible thread/post.

There do seem to be a few bugs with it that I don't know how to fix, for example some threads open in a "threaded" view, in which you can only see the first post and then the replies above that, if you wish to view one of the replies, you must open the link in a new window(I have no idea why). An example of this is my [GUIDE] thread, only the first post is visible, but if you open one of the replies by one of the links above the first post (in a new window, otherwise you will get an error), you will see that reply.

Sorry, but I don't know any way to fix this problem so we'll have to live with it until someone finds another way.

Also, I'm currently working on getting a google custom search on there. Unfortunately, because I don't want to pay $100/month, google requires ad's be displayed on results pages(only search results, the backup will be unaffected), but I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

If anyone wants a download of the full backup for offline viewing I can also put it up, its all in a .tar.gz file that is ~2GB.

EDIT: you can find the new version at the same link
Thanks; appreciate your efforts.