View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #51
socman123
Edge User

HSN and the PE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcubed2 View Post
But I thought there was a lot of bad press because the people who were buying didn't really understand/know what they were buying. I also thought there were a large number of returns from HSN, but I didn't really follow it because I wasn't interested in the PE that much. I just wonder if it was an overall positive experience, HSN. I don't doubt that they sold a lot of units at first, but I'm not sure what the net sales were after returns.
As I recall, many of the complaints offered by folks were linked to disappointment that the PE was not the EE that they thought that they were purchasing. I remember listening to one of the shows and I do not recall the sales person mentioning that this was a Pocket Edge. Also, many HSN customers who returned the item appeared to not understand the PE and were not willing to study and practice on the unit. The sales people on such shows have a way of making all devices look so easy to use ... And, of course, in part that is their job with the time alloted to make their pitches to their viewers.

Last edited by socman123; 04-15-2011 at 08:05 AM.