View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #43
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Actually, my gut tells me they sold more (or nearly so) PE's via HSN (over 14,000) than all other PE and EE sales combined. Of course, the HSN sales figure is the only one they've publically disclosed, so we don't know for sure. HSN effectively was a surprisingly far reaching advertising medium, and you just need a small percentage of viewers to respond to get the huge sales. And the eDGe segment was something like an hour long and repeated multiple times. The only seriously similar medium would be prime TV on the US national networks, but that would cost a huge amount and you get only a 1-2 minute commerical at a time (but at least you could grab people's interest). I think they got lucky with HSN.
But I thought there was a lot of bad press because the people who were buying didn't really understand/know what they were buying. I also thought there were a large number of returns from HSN, but I didn't really follow it because I wasn't interested in the PE that much. I just wonder if it was an overall positive experience, HSN. I don't doubt that they sold a lot of units at first, but I'm not sure what the net sales were after returns.