Update: Lisa of Netronix joined the discussions and revealed a tentative release date:
- EB-100: end of June 08
- EB-300: end Sept 08
Also, both devices seem to feature 3G connectivity, which would be heaven beyond words for every serious traveler.
Details are a bit hazy on this one, but it looks like Taiwan-based Netronix Inc. is diving into serious e-book business. On their website
you'll find two featured e-book readers, the EB-100 with a 6-inch E ink screen, and the EB-300 with a spine-tingling 9.7-inch screen. The EB-100 looks very much like the other 6-inch e-book readers we've seen coming from the Far East, so let's focus on the EB-300:
- Screen: 9.7" E Ink e-paper, touch-enabled
- Resolution: 1200 x 825 pixels, 170 dpi, 4 grayscale
- Dimensions: 255mm(H )x 195mm(W) x 14mm(D)
- Memory: 4Gbit NAND type (Flash), 64MB (SDRAM)
- Storage: SD Card
- Connectivity: 802.11g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Power: 3.7V 2100mAh Li-ion
- Interfaces: 2x USB, 1x stereo
- OS: Windows 5.0
- E-book formats: TXT, PDF, RTF, HTML, BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, MP3, AAC
Full specs attached.
Adding some meat to this story, earlier this year famed E Ink panel manufacturer PVI bought shares of Netronix with the goal to "jointly enter the e-book market." Now we're yearning for a release date.
Thanks to eagle-eyed lee1234
for the news!