View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Rohmer, Sax: The Dance of the Veils, v.1, 10 March 2008.

This title was released under a Creative Commons License, with additional acknowledgement placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

Hereís a short story from Sax Rohmerís collection Tales of Chinatown. If youíre new to Rohmer and just want to get a taste of his writing style and the way he handles dark, brooding mystery where the streets are always slick with fog and evil-doers are always planning mayhem, then this story might make a good introduction for you.

Rohmerís plots are full of ludicrous fun and his characters routinely one-dimensional (in my opinion), but the stories are drenched in that certain magic that came from the pulps.

BONUS: Iíve included 5 examples of pulp art as a bonus, located at the end of the book. Just go to the Contents page and toggle back and forth until your finger gets tired.

I hope you enjoy it!

Don
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Rohmer, Sax - The Dance of the Veils.lrf (639.0 KB, 276 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote