View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
OncTech
Edge User

I just gave the program a whirl (I have another device with market access). Well, it works in full screen and it's reasonably stable. When starting, you have to enter your existing amazon account, or make a new one. You then can go the Amazon's website via the browser to find and download books. Some are $0.00 so I loaded up a copy of Mark Twain's The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson. It adds it to your Amazon account, and a quick sync downloads it into the app.

No eInk (no surprise really) but you can change text size, background color, and screen brightness. Interface is pretty simple: Tap right side of screen to turn page, left side to turn back, center to show status. One major problem I did encounter is some issues with spacing between words and lines. Some spaces between words seem to be missing, while in a measurement book, text and graphics went all over the place. I'm not totally sure if it's just the free books and not the app though.

Now I would post a link to where I uploaded the app, but I remember reading somewhere that it's not allowed. Actually I am not sure about this. Is it allowed? I read the Forum Rules and there doesn't seem to be a direct prohibition against this. It's not illegal far as I can tell; the method I used to get the app to the eDGe didn't involve any hacking or circumventing of copy-protection, and the app is free. But for now if anyone wants it, it will need to be PM til I know it's ok to post.