View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #19
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
I started reading e-reading about 8 years ago when my office issued me a monochrome Palm VII (with a stunning 4 megs of available memory, IIRC). At that time, I think I used iSilo as my primary reading device In 2003, I migrated to a Dell Axim x5 and started using the Microsoft Reader program. I eventually got frustrated with Microsoft Reader's large margins and cumbersome memory usage. I tried Mobipocket and eReader, but eventually settled on the excellent uBook as my reader of choice. A couple of years ago, I switched to an iPaq hx2755 and tried out Mobipocket again and found it had greatly improved in both e-book creation and usability, and now it's my reader of choice, particularly since uBook is no longer completely free (I haven't bothered to buy a license, so I just deal with the nag screen).

I now read almost exclusively on my Pocket PC. Furthermore, I love the flexibility of the Pocket PC versus a dedicated e-ink device - I can watch movies, listen to music, browse the internet, check e-mail, play games, and access my home media and TV through Orb. My pocket pc is my precious....
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote