Thread: small caps
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
(The Fell fonts may look ok on the web, and probably are usable for epubs but they are pretty crude when shown in FontCreator. I remembered then that I had done the same thing some time ago and decided they were not sufficiently well-formed for my use - perhaps this conclusion was a bit harsh, and perhaps I might try them if the small caps were accessible with the computer keyboard. I'll try emailing the author and see if he's willing for them to be altered or if he has a small cap font already done.)
Not sure if you mean the way the fonts are built or the appearance - I suspect you're referring to how they're built, but I think the appearance is a bit crude on purpose. For period books I don't have a problem with the appearance.

The ttf download did have dedicated smallcaps options accessible from a keyboard, so I suppose it would be straightforward to convert those to otf if that was preferred.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote