View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark
Gameboys have gone the way of the dodo. Nintendo discontinued it years ago.
I assumed that my "and their ilk" would have suggested an "insert portable gaming system here" approach to my comment—while at the same time illustrating my point that not everyone "games."

UPDATE: A friendly challenge for those who are convinced that the dedicated ereader will fade away...

I'd like to compile a list of technological gizmos that were introduced as dedicated, single-function devices that were eventually assimilated by a popular, multi-function, Swiss-army-knife kind of device. Easy enough, right? But here's the catch: to make the list, the single-function, dedicated version of the device must be no longer available for purchase*.

* Available for purchase meaning; brand-new, still being manufactured.

I'm sure some will be thought of, so it's not my intention to simply be a smart-ass, but rather, that I'm fairly certain the list will be quite small. Ignore branding and competing formats for this particular exercise... ex. VHS & Betamax were all VCR's—which are still being manufactured.

I'll start with single-game, handheld video games (a la Coleco's Electronic Quarterback).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-04-2011 at 10:52 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote