View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #185
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned georestrictions yet. That's the only thing that's ever tempted me to glance toward the dark side. It's nothing to do with unwillingness to pay, quite the opposite: I can't get the seller/publisher to take my money for a legitimate e-copy! And no, I'm not entitled to have everything I want Just Because I'm Me... but it does become intensely frustrating when, time and again, you see books being sold that you really want to buy, but they won't let you buy them.

Incidentally, I did download an e-book from the darknet once -- a modern classic that I love, and which was not available in Canada even though it had been available to U.S. buyers for a very long time. A few months later, I discovered that it had just become available to buyers in Canada. So I bought it, and deleted the darknet copy. If I'm ever tempted to badness again, I'll do the same thing.
Geo restrictions may have played a huge part, actually, as IIRC the original survey was done in the UK, where many US ebooks are not legally available.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote