Originally Posted by kiwidude
Those were all intentional limitations, so you have the behaviour correct. In hindsight I realise I should have made the extra effort to make the column and tags a per list setting as it falls apart as a concept if you have multiple lists, so I will fix that.
At first I didn't realize this wasn't the case because of the way I used it yesterday - create new list, input desired column & tag, then add desired books. Rinse, repeat. It was only after I saw a book I wanted to put on a previous list that I realized the tags weren't "attached" to the lists, and at first I thought it was something I did. (I mean, after all, when something doesn't work as expected, it's usually my fault.)
So I, too, am happy to hear that you'll be changing that. I've got a whole new system now thanks to this plugin. I use it to create "priority lists" accessible from the tag browser. I could have done it before with a custom column, but using the plugin is much faster than editing the metadata field, and that's without even using shortcut keys yet.