View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Pearl View Post
Im using the newest version of calibre on Ubuntu(terminal-download) with my Kindle3!
I have no self-made news-recipes(anymore). Around 2000books!

I re-installed Calibre(via terminal) some time ago, after it had been crashing on me a lot! It is now crashing all the time, and the whole system with it.

The thing is awesome, but not so awesome when it crashes!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Just confirming:
Calibre version is 0.8.3 Not that thing in the repository.

Repeated crashes on start (no device connected) might indicate bad hardware.
I would suggest running Memtest 86+ from the (GRUB) Boot menu (or Live CD) for 1 or mor PASSes (many tests in a PASS)

Calibre can be heavy on the Memory use.
Lint in fans and fins is another common issue.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote