View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
If you want to read a book on a reader authorized to adobe id "toto", you have to purchase and download the book with a version of ADE authorized to user "toto".

A book downloaded one with a user cannot be downloaded with an other adobe id afterwards.
And there is a 3 time download limit.

Spare yourself some pain, liberate your books.
I do use inept to de-DRM my books. Being able to strip the DRM is one of my major requirements when buying ebooks. That's why for a long time, I've been buying Microsoft LIT before inept was released.

Just saying, once you've downloaded the ePub, it's usable on any computer or device that's been authorized to the same account. You don't have to re-download it using the .acsm link. When I gave away the laptop I was using for Adobe Digital Editions, I accidentally copied DRM'ed ePubs (I have both DRM'ed and unDRM'ed versions backed up to a separate drive) to my new laptop. Surprisingly, it worked just fine without any futzing around on my part (after authorizing the new laptop with ADE, of course).

As for the comment about being able to use different log-ins - yes, you have to download and authorize an ebook with Adobe ID "toto" if you want to read it on a device authorized with the Adobe ID "toto". However, you can use the account name "dorothy" on Kobo, "lion" on BooksOnBoard and "scarecrow" on Fictionwise, and as long as you use a computer authorized with the Adobe ID "toto" to download the actual ePub using the .acsm file, the ePub will be readable on ADE and the ebook reader.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote