View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
hermes
non-techy
hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Location: wherever I can afford to get laid and eat vegetarian
Device: Sony pocket edition and Kobo touch both died - looking at Kindles
No, I don't

"Oh and this is a bit tacky don't you think ?" [comment about Sony's market]

I stand by my original comment that they are different targeted markets. For example, when I observe the content of standard cable TV compared to what is available by subscription, I suggest to you that poor people watch different TV than the wealthy and successful.

It's not a moral judgement, it's a matter of business (advertiser support and fees). Are rich people with Ph.ds who can afford ipads *better* than persons on welfare who never graduated from high school ? Absolutely not. Are they different markets? Absolutely. Actually I am not a high income person, but to pretend that there are no class differences and therefore market differences would be, in my opinion, an illusion.

Personally - I am not even smart. In fact, I am a fool. I enjoy deliberately taunting the powers that be - not wise. I enjoy saying outlandish and provocative things then watching the fraccase. So, I soften this tendency by associating with persons much more intelligent and cautious than myself.

And yes, intellectual abilities do not equal intelligence and taste is a very personal thing. I know a millionaire diplomat who hob-nobs with royalty yet he likes popular detective mysteries. So, I am well chastized. Myself, I have very little discipline to even read. And I prefer works by authors who in their day were considered too unpolished for publication.

Last edited by hermes; 05-30-2011 at 10:28 PM.
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote