View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #67
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
-- This brings up another thought -- would it be practical to add a "fuzzy" option to your binary compare, something like you open the epub and check the hash of the largest folder for a match?
(and should I bring this question up in the Duplicate Check thread?)
Quote:
You are correct that it is a question for the Find Duplicates thread, but I will give you an answer here anyways. I have no interest at this point in changing the plugin to start looking at ePub content - it will dramatically slow it down by many orders of magnitude and opens the door for a number of other issues which I am quite happy to avoid.
Yeah, the more I thought about it I realized just grabbing the pertinent CRC out of the zip file header wouldn't be that simple.

So I added 7zipFM to the OpenWith plugin. So if I suspect two epubs are identical (except for metadata/timestamps) I can quickly eyeball the CRC's of the OEPBS/OPS/whatever folder.
Works for me

By the way -- Find Duplicates is a truly elegant example of good design & functionality.

Now if I could only apply it to the boxes of books in my closet, and attic, and basement ...
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote