View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
PROJECT TO PUT A LIGHT INSIDE KINDLE CASE

Although external lights are all very well they tend to be unwieldy and not elegant with variable illumination,etc.

A better idea is to a put light inside the actual case between the circuit board and the e-ink display.

A small size flat white light led taken from a cheap garden solar light would be ideal. A resistor in series would control the brightness.

it could be powered by the same circuit taken from the garden solar light or you can use the kindle battery with a resistor in series.

also internal reflection from the very small internal volume of the kindle will amplify the light.

plastic reflective foil can further direct the light to wards the e-ink display.

internal light reflection will even out the light.

i am surprised amazon did not include internal leds similar to mobile key pad leds to provide this.

also leds taken from old mobile phone keypads could also be used but will a bitch to solder.

anyone opened a kindle and explore this possibility?

i do not want to discuss External lights and how wonderful they might be at all.

i want to push the boundaries.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote