View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I'm with Patricia. I only plan to replace some of my library with electronic copies. Some books I can't find electronically. Some I will replace and dispose of the paper copies, either selling them if they're in good condition or tossing them if not (I have some really funky old paperbacks that I will be thrilled to toss). Some I will replace and keep the paper copies. It's not a one-size-fits-all answer.
yes, what they said.

i recently sorted through my bookshelves and gave away about 50 books, most of which i had found as PD texts, some of which i hadn't found but knew i would never re-read. but lots of my books are not available digitally, and there are some which i already have in digital format but will keep the paper anyway because they are nice editions. also, those ones i can lend to friends, which is harder to do with digital texts (until i convince all my friends to buy their own liseuses... ) EDIT : and some do not really lend themselves to replacement by digital editions (yet, at least), such as art books for example.

priority is getting rid of the dusty old cheap paperbacks (probably older than i am, taking up way too much space in my tiny appartment, and very bad for my allergies !). hopefully i will be able to replace ALL of those with digital copies. that would probably liberate almost half the total book-occupied space, and my eyes would surely be less itchy too.

but i don't really see it as an either / or proposition.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 03-03-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: it's a complex question...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote