View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #59
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboybogart View Post
Thank you for your friendly post... let me rephrase. I don't need the reader to auto-detect the image based on the book (although that would be very cool and something that Amazon should build in): I need to switch the cover myself when the need arises. I'd like a way to access the ss folder and select a different image. Could that be done by perhaps changing the extension of the filename?
Not having a Kindle, I may be wrong, but to the best of my understanding, the 'jailbroken' Kindle screensaver feature only has one way of working. Whatever images are in the named directory (/linkss/screensavers) will be cycled each time you switch off. So the only way for a user to control which image will be displayed is to make sure only one image is in the directory.

To do it purely using the plugin the best way would be to disable the multi-copy option and run the plugin each time you want to change the cover. The only other way I can think of is to copy many covers then manually manipulate the contents of the Kindle screensaver directory with your file browser. I don't really see how a Calibre plugin might make this easier. If you've gone to the trouble of connecting the Kindle to Calibre then it would be just as easy to copy a new cover as it would be to manipulate directory contents. Or have I completely misunderstood what you are asking?

...of course the Sony x50 models have the ability to switch standby images on/off using an on-device menu option... but that's probably not what you wanted to hear, is it?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote