View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Thumbs up

Orlok - excellent selection, and wide ranging.

'The Stand' - not sure whether the revised version is better though, unless you're a King afficionado - & 'The Road' would come near the top in most similar lists, I'm sure.
(Would 'The Dark Tower' series qualify, I wonder ?)

The Ballard, Shute and Wyndham wear very well - I got away with being caught reading 'On the Beach' well after lights out, by telling my Dad it was homework, I remember.
'The Road' simply kept me glued to the page with only minor forays away for non-essentials like driving, cooking and work - but I managed to do a bit in the kitchen and workplace, admittedly. Spellbinding.

I have been given a copy of 'Resurrection Day' by the improbably named Brendon DuBois, but haven't tackled it yet, so withold judgement.

I confess I like my post-apocalpses recent, rather than unknown civilizations or "Terminator" scenarios - I like me ruins recent, and recognisable I suppose !

I must have a think and a rummage when I get a bit of time - I'm tackling George R R Martin at the present week/month/year, which is becoming a bit of an epic undertaking in more ways than one !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote