View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Yes, I bought several books from Fictionwise, and want to download them again for use on the Kindle - especially the updated LOTR. I should have been more clear in my own mind before posting, and then the post would made more sense.
If it and your other purchases from Fictionwise are DRM'ed, your only real choice is to remove the DRM before loading it onto your Kindle. The only DRM the Kindle will recognize/use/allow is Amazon's own.

We used to be able to give Fictionwise our Kindle's device PID to download an encrypted mobi, but even then, you still had to "tweak" the DRM to get it to actually work on the Kindle. I don't think that even works anymore--but I could be wrong.

The most recent copies of the kindlepid script that are floating around will generate a device PID for the Kindle 3, but that PID just won't do you any good any more (except in rare circumstances).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote