View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosajurjevics View Post
Hello,

Thanks for responding!
So there's nothing I can do about the dropdown problem in iD? That's a real pain in the ass, because I've got over 100 chapter subheadings...

I'm afraid I don't entirely understand your documentation. So I can ditch the TOC.ncx file altogether and make a fresh TOC elsewhere?

Thanks again,
R
No. My documentation was just to show you how to "crack open" an epub for editing and then how to zip up again back into an epub...

You just need to edit the toc file in a text editor. (I use TextWrangler) Wordpad or something like that for PC users.

So below is what you TOC.NCX file looks like:
I've indicated what I'm talk about with red arrows and lines.
So Basicly everything has a </navpoint> at the end except where the next level appears..
TOC
Prelims</navpoint>
Level_one
Level_two</navpoint>
Level_two</navpoint>
Level_two</navpoint></navpoint>
Level_one</navpoint>
Level_one</navpoint>
Level_one
Level_two</navpoint>

So by moving the </navpoint> marker around, you get various TOC levels
Or by adding </navpoint> to the end of every line you will remove the level structure
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote