View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Predominantly complain to the books publishers if purchased otherwise fix yourself. Page counts are fixed for epubs but vary according to font size in other formats. These are currently facts of ereading, some being slowly fixed but most publishers are a bit lackadaisical about getting ebooks right.

What sorts of books are you having trouble with... commercial ones have improved immensely over the early days and some PD is genuinely excellent but if you're dealing with scan/OCRd material then that can be very different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab24 View Post
Hi,

I apologise if this has been posted in the past, but Iím afraid that many of the responses are simply too technical for me.

I have the Sony PRS-350, but am pulling my hair out with the formatting. It indents the beginning of paragraphs and leaves gaps between conversation snippets. It also seems to centre sentences so that there could be 3 words with massive spaces in-between.
Some of my books give the exact amount of pages regardless of font size and others count every page as it appears on the screen.

I love the reader, but this is really starting to bother me as I would like to be able to read it as the author intended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote