View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #37
Hamlet53
History of God
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
But my question is this: how, given the "diverse" shoutings on about what should and shouldn't be literature, are we going to be any different from the regular book of the month club?
Agreed. Especially if the same arguments are going to arise about the selection not being exciting or contemporary enough.

I actually like the idea of having once individual choose a book each month and people can read it or not as they wish. It would do much more to introduce variations into selections and the chance to introduce people to authors that they may not even know. I know that deciding who should select each month might be a problem. Maybe have Sun Surfer be the first, and thereafter draw from the pool of people who read the previous month's book and participated in the discussion?

I think limiting to fiction is probably a good idea. Though I would like the cost of the book to not be a criteria, nor should it have to be available as an ebook. There are too many great books that just are not in ebook form [legitimately].

In any case I will consider participating not matter how things are decided, even it it is just a second monthly book club. After all this is all voluntary and no one is being asked to do anything against his will.

Edited to add that [regarding book cost and not being available as an ebook] that we all have access to public libraries.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 05-20-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote