View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 05:04 AM   #42
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgk View Post
I've noticed with my female friends - the first they do is ask me how do they pirate the latest chick-lit, I doubt it's for the purposes of an e-copy of a book they already own or for fan-fiction purposes...

I think sometimes people overplay the "well it's not available/they already own a copy" card - sometimes people pirate because they are too cheap to pay and because it's easy.
yeah, and sometimes i just want to hear people say they pirate because they want to (IF that is truly the case), not offer some flimsy excuse in an effort to appear as if they respect the author's work

and even if they don't want to buy the book, there are other options. most of the groups i joined in GR have members who are very kind and willing to lend out kindle ebooks. i am very grateful to these generous people
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote