View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
My tags arent useful at the moment, I just let Calibre download them from the internet. That's also one of the reason I really want to do a bulk search and replace.

What I really want is a way to get an easy overview, basically having the authors being collections emulate folders with each authors books in them.
If you want to create Sony Collections by author, I believe all you need to do is:
  1. go to Preferences - Sending books to device. In the box labelled Metadata management set it to Automatic management
  2. go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface - Sony - Customize. Then find the box with a long label starting 'Comma separated list of metadata...'. The default is series, tags (I think), set it to authors
  3. Connect your device to Calibre, let it do its stuff then disconnect. All the Collections should be there.

By the way, Calibre also has other goodies specific to auto-managing Sony devices, e.g. thumbnails, title renaming

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-19-2011 at 08:57 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote