View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Post How to manage collections for Sony PRS-950

Hiya guys,

I just got my Sony PRS-950 and I'm trying to get my library organized.
I have around 800 books atm. They all have various tags. I'm naturally using Calibre.

I prefer to have my books grouped by authors, and since there's no folders on the sony, I think the best way would be to have collections sorted by authors.

So it seems to me that I have to do the following tasks:

1. Convert my tags to the authors name
2. Have the sony plug-in base the collections on the tags.

I tried to read the walkthroughs and wiki's, both here and calibre on expressions. I blacked out, once I woke up I realized that I'm nowhere as smart as I thought I was I've used the search function, but seems all the posts are done by people with a rudimentary understanding of this, that I just can't figure out from the walkthroughs.

I was wondering if anyone could be helpful and tell me the exact commands to use in the find and replace that allows me to replace the tags with the authors name.

And the command line to set in the sony device plugin to base collections on authors?

Thank you very much.
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote