View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Various: Swedish-English Dictionary. Version 1.1. 25 May 2011

I created a quick and dirty Swedish-English dictionary with inflections from the following CC licensed sources:

1. Swedish Wiktionary XML dump (svwiktionary)
2. The People's Dictionary (Folkets lexikon)
3. Inflections from the Saldo project

The end result is not pretty and inconsistent, but the dictionary works and should be OK for absolute beginners who want to learn Swedish, but Swedish native speakers may want to consult a "real" dictionary instead.

EDIT: New Version 1.1
I noticed that some multipart translation entries got truncated and created a new version of the dictionary that fixes most of these issues. It probably still contains some redundant entries and some garbage entries, but the coverage should be OK for non-technical texts. (I tested it with "Män som hatar kvinnor" and only occasionally stumbled upon a word that couldn't be found or didn't make sense in the context.)
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sven.zip (1.26 MB, 1127 views)

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-25-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Update
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote